Monday, April 25, 2011

Progress

So I haven't posted in a while, but I am making progress!! I haven't kept track of my weight as much, because I have been eating right, and my thyroid is low, so it is very hard to lose weight right now, but I am still keeping at it, and still going strong. I am changing bit by bit, for the better every day, because God is just showing Himself to me more and more.
Our Church just got through with "regenerate" and it was amazing. It was sort of like lent. Most of us gave up something completely for 40 days, and the theme was "Give up, start up, and step up." Basically Pastor Jim challenged us to give something up that may be holding us back, coming in between time that could be spent with God, or just was UN-healthy. Then the start up, was to read more often, pray more often, maybe start an exercise routine. And the step up, was we should all find ways to do some sort of "ministering" and helping people out.
This has affected me forever. I am not the same person as I was 40 days ago, and I won't be ever again. What I have given up, I don't want back. I have spent more time with God these past 40 days, than ever before, and I am changed. I have a new perspective, new outlook and a brighter future. God is so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment