Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My first Blog!

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Harris! I am a stay at home mom, living in Los Angeles, married to my best friend. I am nothing special, just a girl who loves the Lord, loves her husband and daughter, is trying to be a better person and trying to lose a lot of weight!

I decided to start my blog, so that I can be held accountable with my weight loss, and in trying to be a better person. I figured if I write it down for everyone to see, it would be harder to fail.

Today, in trying to lose weight, I am going with my usual diet of slim fast and I am taking my daughter to the arboretum so that we can both get some excercise! I tell ya, I am so ready to lose weight, and I wish people would better understand that people who are overweight, don't want to be overweight. We have a struggle with food, not unlike alchoholism, or addiction to drugs. It is a hard habit to break, because it is addicting, and it has been my way of coping with things.

In our society, we are outcasts, looked down on and not even considered by many people. I am not here to stand up for the "fatty," because I know that being fat is unhealthy and not right, I am just here to say that we are people too, and this is our struggle, and if you could try not to judge us, but to realize that most of us don't even want to be this way, and if you could just be encouraging and understanding, it sure would make our lives much easier and I think, help us along the road to recovery.

I am currently in a 12 step program at my church for over-eaters. My awesome sister in law, has allowed me to send her daily messages about what I am eating that day, whether good or bad, so that I can be held accountable. And starting today, my friends Donnie, Lydia and I are calling each other with our food plans for the day as well.

My goal is to drop 200 pounds!! Wish me luck and stay tuned!!

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo! Good luck Elizabeth...I hope we all can get healthier as a family, not just for us but for our kids to see us being good examples. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! :-) me too! I am really excited!

    ReplyDelete